Things are starting to get back to normal around here, except for I’m still been rebelling against some of the bigger household tasks like cleaning the bathrooms, but I pretty much always rebel against that, besides I can’t feel too guilty until Spring right?! 🙂 However, rebelling against housework means I’m making more time to create!! And that can’t be all bad! 😉
So, for this week’s 5 Things, I’m sharing some new art which can all be found in my shop:
1. “Wherever You Are, Be All There” When I start out with a blank canvas, I don’t always know where I’m going to end up. Sometimes, I have a quote in mind or a color scheme or a shape I want to incorporate and sometimes, I don’t know any of that I just start creating. With this one, I knew I wanted to use the quote and this color combo has been popular in my shop so I paired the two together and added some fun hearts (perfect for the upcoming Valentine holiday) and ended up with this!
2. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” – Helen KellerThis is another one where I started with the quote and used the same color scheme. I often will make more than one piece at a time and so it’s not uncommon for several pieces to have the same (or a similar) color scheme.
3. “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is His faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23 I was wanting to do a piece that had a “new year” theme to it and thought of the verse about God’s mercies being new every morning, so I did a search for the right one and added a sunshine and some brighter colors, the perfect reminder for a fresh new start!
4. “Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.”Now this one is just plain fun… and another one on the theme of the new year, but good for any time too. The green and orange add a playful energy that makes me smile.
5. Love is a VerbOut of all five, I think this one is my favorite. It’s a bit different than others I’ve made but, I love the color combo. I played a little with my alcohol inks, which I haven’t used much and loved the effect (the green in the piece is from the alcohol inks). The saying just came to me as I was working along and had fun doing something a little different! 🙂
So, there you have it… five new pieces added to my shop this week! Do you mind if I ask which one you like the best? Do you have a favorite quote or saying you’d like to share? Maybe you’ll see it show up in one of my next pieces?
Also, I wanted to share that I’m planning to add some new sizes in the shop later this month and once my new scanner/printer arrives (which will be today) I’ll be playing around with scanning in some art and creating some printed goods as well! So, stay tuned! 🙂