So, how was your Christmas?
Ours was fantastic and this week has continued the festivities as we had our last Christmas celebration on Wednesday and Rodney has been off of work this week too. So we’ve been soaking up the family time and enjoying it! 🙂 Shopping together, a trip to the movies to see Alvin & The Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, playing with new Christmas toys (the favorite has been the kids’ new Leap Pads), eating up all the leftover Christmas treats and a lot of lounging! 🙂
I’m looking forward to getting back into a routine and starting fresh with the new year now that the Christmas chaos is over! 😉 I’ve been working on some goals and plans for 2012 like many others. I kind of gave up on “resolutions” a few years ago, I think there’s a bit of taboo that goes along with that word it seems and in the past few years I’ve chosen one word to focus on for the next year and I’ve chosen one again for this year but I’m also setting some specific goals and plans along with that. My 2011 “word” was INTENTIONAL and I really feel that I grew a lot in becoming more intentional and hope to continue in that this year as well, but the word I’ve chosen this year is OPEN. I want to be open to whatever it is that God has in store for me and for our family. Submitting my plans, hopes, dreams and goals to what He has for me and being flexible to whatever happens in 2012.
So for this edition of Five Things Friday I thought I’d share 5 goals for my 2012!
1. Begin a read through the Bible in 3 years plan. The more popular plan is to read through the Bible in a year and I’ve tried that before and not gotten very far. For me, 3 years seems much more do-able and still an accomplishment. It’s so important to me to absorb God’s word and if I’m racing to get through it in a year I feel that I will not be able to comprehend and/or apply as much of what I’m reading. The 3 year plan is basically a chapter a day and that to me is much more realistic and appealing as I can take more time digging in to that one chapter. So, I’m excited to start on Sunday!
2. I got this book for Christmas and am so excited to start the exercises in it! Rodney is interested in it too as he’s been wanting to do some drawing and got some pencils and supplies for Christmas too, so we are going to be doing it together! Since there are 52 exercises we’ll be having a little weekly drawing date and I’m planning to share some of the results with you! 🙂 It should be fun!
3. Last year I started a year long project called Project Life. I LOVE this project and am so excited to do it again this year. There are many different ways you can use this product, but I used it to document each day (and sometimes just highlights of the week) for our entire 2011. In the past I’ve spent a lot of time scrap booking and loved many aspects of it, but after discovering Project Life and starting it this year, I was freed up to do other creative things, such as this blog and my Etsy shop. Project Life has been a huge blessing and I was thrilled that it took very little of my time to document and record our life and memories in such an organized and simple format. I managed to stay up-to-date on it through May and then stopped keeping up with it quite as well and am still trying to catch up. But, in 2012 I want to start and stay caught up because it’s much more fun and meaningful when I do. And, it’s doable as it only takes about 5-10 minutes a day and then maybe 20-30 additional minutes once a week to print photos and insert them into the album. Most of the challenge became just remembering to do it, so I want to make it a daily habit again.
4. Last Fall Rodney and I started getting into the habit of going to bed earlier, getting up earlier, spending time reading our Bible and then exercising. Since life got busier with the holidays that has unfortunately gotten pushed to the back burner and so with the new year we are looking forward to getting back into the habit and are going to be kicking it off with some P90X! EEK! I’m excited because I felt so much better when we were doing this but, I’m resistant to it at the same time. Thankfully Rodney and I are doing it together we can help motivate and keep each other accountable! 🙂
“It is well to be up before daybreak, for such habits contribute to health, wealth and wisdom.” Aristotle
5. To maintain and keep on keeping on with Altered Iris. It has been a month and a half since opening my Etsy shop and I’ve been really happy and blessed by how good of a start it’s had. I want to continue with what’s begun…blog posting regularly, continuing on facebook, starting on twitter and of course creating more art!!! 🙂
So there you have it a bit of a peek into what I’ve got planned for 2012. What’s on your agenda for 2012? Do you set goals or make resolutions or choose just one word? What are you planning to make more time for in the next year?
Hope you have a happy and safe New Year’s celebration! See you back here in 2012!