Around here, it’s starting to look a lot like Fall; and even though October is almost half way over, it’s not quite feeling like Fall as the highs are still in the 80’s, which isn’t really normal for Kansas City, but hey I’ll take it over the frigid Winter that will eventually come. We are soaking up our days outside and at the park because it won’t be long before we are house bound and bundled up under blankets donning our slippers! 🙂
Anyway, I thought that for today’s Five Things Friday I would share a little bit of Fall decorating that I’ve managed to pull together around our house!
1. Remember back on this post I shared this Fall shelf that I liked, well I did manage to recreate it with my own little spin… thank you to Jess of The Real Housewives of Bucks County for your inspiration! 🙂
And… here’s my finished shelf!
I followed Jess’ advice and just printed the “F” and “A” onto different colors of cardstock, the “L” is a yarn wrapped chipboard “L” I picked up at Hobby Lobby and the second “L” is a white chipboard letter on brown cardstock! Fun, festive and easy peasy! 🙂
2. Ok, so here is my Fall wreath… the reason this photo is not of the wreath hanging on my front door is because our house faces South and therefore our front door can tend to get really hot this time of year and through the Winter and so my hot glue melted a bit and a few of the flowers fell off! 😦 So, I will be spending a little time this weekend gluing them back on and hopefully get them to stick for good! It’s really so pretty if I do say so myself! 😉
3. I just had to share this little display I made on our end table of a ceramic pumpkin, a frame with some Fall themed patterned paper & a sweet photo of my little guy when he was only months old sitting on a pumpkin! Love, love, love that photo!
4. This was a fun little find from Hobby Lobby that my daughter picked out; it was so fun and affordable and I was happy to add a bit more “Halloween” stuff to our Fall decorations. And here’s another one I picked up at Hobby Lobby too…
5. I have plans to hopefully rework my mantle this weekend and will be using a bit of this fabric in the mix. I picked it up from my friend Tammy at Marmalade Fabrics. Go stop by her shop if you are into fabric… she has a great selection of modern fabrics!
So, what do you think? I’ll come back next week and share my completed (*crossing fingers*) mantle and hopefully some more art! I’m closing in on my goal date for opening my Etsy shop and I can’t wait!!!
So what’s your favorite Fall decorations? Have you picked up anything new this year to add to your collection?